Thursday 8 September 2011

Hooked On Crochet


So my newest hobby is crochet and to say that I am addicted to it would be an understatement.


There has been a huge resurgence over the last few years in all types of crafting, but particularly in knitting and crochet.

I was taught to do both of these by my Grandmother when I was a child. At the time, I found knitting easier and over the years have dipped in and out, producing a couple of jumpers here and the odd tea cosy there.

For some reason though, I shied away from crochet, imagining that it was too complicated. However after a conversation with a fellow knitting friend of mine who also struggles with crochet, I thought I would give it another go.

After watching a few how to videos on Youtube, I managed to create my first Granny Blanket. It is an extremely simple pattern and took me less than two weeks to complete, using odd bits of wool I had in my wool stash. It isn't going to win any awards but  I am really proud of it and it is going to live across the back of one of my sofas for use on chilly nights.

Apologies for the poor picture quality- the only camera I had access to this morning was on my mobile phone.



For my next project, I am going to attempt another blanket- this time one made up of squares. There are lots of fantastic designs out there to choose from but the one that I have chosen to do is the Springtime Throw in cute & easy crochet by Nicki Trench. 


This is what the finished article should look like although I will be using a different colour scheme similar to this one



I have ordered some lovely merino wool to use and am just waiting for it to drop through my letterbox so that I can make a start. Very exciting.
 I have no idea how long it is going to take but I will keep you updated on my progress.

Have a great day

Tracey
xx

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've recently taken up crochet too, it's wonderful, isn't it? :) I love your blanket! And your next project is ultra pretty too! How are you getting on with it?

Love, Tina x

Tracey on 14 September 2011 at 15:31 said...

I am really loving crochet. I cant believe I didnt take it up sooner. I have started my next project but feel it will take some time as there are over 430 individual squares to do!! Completed 4 so far and half done about 10 others!

 

It's Just My Butterfly Mind Copyright © 2009 Flower Garden is Designed by Ipietoon for Tadpole's Notez Flower Image by Dapino | Distributed by Deluxe Templates